Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Night Adventures

If Mark or I need to use the bathroom at night we are both very good about using it in the dark. Our bathroom is connected to Russell’s room, and we both avoid risks.


A couple of nights ago Luke woke up in the wee hour of the early morning. I left Mark lying in bed to go see what seemed to be the problem.

After a couple of minutes I left Lukey and had to use the restroom. I know exactly how many steps into that dark bathroom before I pull em down, turn around and sit. My chest pounded, blood raced and throat closed when I sat on hairy, warm legs. I was frozen with fear. I almost screamed with all my might and woke both sleeping children, which is something I might die before I do.

The thought that it could be Mark obviously passed through my head, but I also realized that if some big naked creepo was sitting on my toilet the last thing I should do is sit on his lap with my pants down.

And another thing, if it was Mark, why didn’t he say something as he saw me walking towards him and then sit on him.

“Mark is that you?” I almost died of horror as I waited a response.

“Yes, get out of here.”

Such relief, well not complete relief, because we only have one bathroom which Mark was apparently occupying.

We promptly returned to sleep without discussing the event until a couple days later. We were both laughing pretty hard when I brought it up.

“Why didn’t you say something when you saw me walking towards you and sit on you?”

“I was going to, but I was just too tired.”

16 comments:

The Sorensens said...

Love it! Mark always has the funniest stories. I guess that's yours too, but, oh boy am I laughing.

Scott and Marissa said...

HAHAHAHAH that is way too funny!!!! What a classic Mark and Bek story!

Loralee said...

I just peed my pants.

agirlnamedgay said...

living on pins and needles has it's perks... you would never have that kind of comedy happening if you didn't! top 10 best story!

Laura said...

That was the funniest story I have heard on a long time. And I just love that you put it on the blog.

melimba said...

hAAAAA!! SOO funny!

Julie said...

Oh Bekah. That was awesome. It's past midnight and I'm lying in bed reading your post. About died laughing- couldn't keep it down. I've got to remember to share this one with Brock. So so so funny. I miss you guys.

Kacy said...

LOL!! Great story. I have resorted to not flushing or running the water at night in our our bathroom (using hand sanitizer) for fear of waking our light sleeper! :)

Cathy said...

That is an awesome story and I can't stop laughing! Seriously, thanks for posting it!

Jody said...

This cracks me up. Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

I genuinely laughed hard for the first time this week...love you guys...post the earwig story, I need more laughs, I miss you guys!

Jordan and Jandee said...

seriously so funny!

David and Maggi said...

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. I'm cracking up! Can you tell I miss you guys. I'm stalking all your blogs and facebooks. So glad you can still make me laugh even though we aren't together. luv

David and Maggi said...

p.s. what happened to your other bathroom?

Russ and Nat said...

So funny - thanks for posting that little diddy! Good laughs!

Gina and Jon said...

Okay this post made Jon and I laugh so hard.. thanks for sharing the goodness!