Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's baby time

We were excited and somewhat surprised when my water broke at 2 am Monday morning.  Surprised because this baby was coming somewhere between 8 and 12 days early (we didn't think we could do early babys at our house), but only somewhat surprised because my body had been warning me for days.  We were not entirely ready, but threw some things in a bag, called my sister to come over and stay with the kids -what a saint- and drove to the hospital. 

The labor went smoothly and at 3:23 we met Joshua Beck Gardner.  He was 19 1/2 inches long and 8 lb 15.4oz.  Less than an ounce smaller than Russ Russ was.  I was grateful he decided to come early and I did not have to give birth to a 10 1/2 pound baby!


Russell could not be more in love with his new brother.  He sings to him, tells him, "It's ok baby, I'm here, I'm here"  when the baby cries, and tells us about 100 times per day how cute the new baby is. 



Lukey has been a good little boy and loves his baby brother as well.  He has not yet thrown a heavy toy at Joshua's head or slapped him in the face, which we think is a positive sign.







So far we are adjusting well, but that is probably only because my mom is here being super-mom, and super-grandma, and super-cook, and super-cleaner woman.  She had been planning on coming Friday afternoon, but when we called her at 6 am monday morning, she cancelled her clients for the week, changed her flight and was in Salt Lake by noon.  We are so spoiled and so grateful to her!

10 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

So excited for you!! And so jealous! This lil boy of ours just doesn't want to come out! Call us if u need anything!!

Mandi said...

congrats. glad everything went well.

melimba said...

yea! so happy that he made it safe and sound! he already looks like he belongs with his darling chub cheeks!! I loved that you wrote how Lukey hasn't thrown any toys or slapped his face yet! ha!! so funny! I love how sweet Russ is! how cute is he?!
congrats!!
oh, and in that pic with all 3 boys, Luke totally looks like he's the oldest! I love it!

Loralee said...

Ooh, I want to munch on those yummy baby cheeks. Good job Bek! Love you.

BrittWilk said...

hooray!! he's so cute!! maggi and i are coming march 11-16... hope you aren't busy. :)

The Sellers Family said...

Congrats!! Everyone looks really happy.

Shelley said...

So cute! I wish I could be there so bad! I love all your boys and want to hold them!

Anneli said...

He's adorable! Congrats!

The Sorensens said...

So adorable. I can almost smell him looking at that newborn face! Can't wait to meet him. Russ looks like he's really enjoying him too! Miss you guys.

vrb said...

CONGRATS!!! You have such cute big guys!!