Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Love" Veteran

This is our family’s Buzz doll. He is well “loved” –note the missing legs, half an arm, and wings that have been crudely reattached with electric tape.


Sometimes I feel like this Buzz doll. I look into his eyes and am filled with fear that I might not survive the 70 pounds of “love” I am pummeled with all day long.

There are times when Grady, Buzz and I hold each other and make a run for my bedroom. We lock the door behind us and take a little time-out from all of this “love”.

2 comments:

Paula Wood said...

I read this OFTEN and think of what an amazing word picture this is!

I think ALL mothers can relate to this feeling you have so well described with this BUZZ!!!

I LOVE YOU! I APPRECIATE THE MOTHER YOU ARE!

Love,
YOUR MOTHER

Shelise said...

This is perfect. I can relate because I have three boys 5, 3 and 3 months and I feel exactly as you described. Its a crazy but fun ride, right?