Saturday, September 10, 2011

Camping and then some.

When Russ Russ is with me he never stops talking. He is constantly asking me questions. I usually do not have the answers for his inquisitive little mind. The other morning as I was packing up for a day with friends at the beach he was following me around as usual, continuously pestering me with questions I do not know how to answer. What kind of questions does a three year old ask that their mother would not know the answers to you ask? Well, do you know what color the germs were that gave you your cough?


“Were they orange?”

“I don’t know.”

“Were they purple?”

“I don’t know.”

“Were they blue?

“I don’t know what color they were Russ.”

“Were they yellow?”

“They were black.”

“Mommy, did you make a mistake?”

“What do you mean?”

“You said you not know their color.”

Oh yes, he LOVES catching me making, “istakes”.

Yesterday he just had to know whose car was parked next to us at Costco. “I don’t know whose car that is,” was absolutely not an appropriate response. I finally just said “George” to halt the questions.

“George is a monkey Mommy. That’s silly.”

Another funny thing about Russell is he loves me to wear my hair down.

“Is your hair going to be up or down today?” is a common question.

“I really yike it down mommy.”

He frequently asks me to put my hair down when it is up in a pony. Funny kid.

He really is a precious and tender little boy. He loves our family so much and tells us so throughout the day. He is very quick to pray for any problem he has or sees us having, and Heavenly Father is also very quick to answer his little prayers. He loves to take care of me, Mark and Lukey, and he helps me clean the house every day and really is as good a helper as he thinks he is.

 SuperRuss
 
We asked Russell if he would like to go to Disneyland, to the beach or camping over Labor day weekend.  He immediately answered camping, which is what we wanted too, so we set up camp at Lake Arrowhead.  The boys loved everything about it; setting up the tent, running around the campground, finding firewood, making the fire, roasting their hotdogs and marshmallows, laughing and playing in the tent together for hours while mom and dad sat by the fire and they were supposed to be sleeping.

The boys serving their minute long time out sentence after Dad had asked them for the fourth time not to jump on the walls of the tent.
Lukey has a real love and excitement for life.  Cute little camper.

Making pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast.

Dinner

Me being pregnant is no longer picture worthy, but me wearing something other than a t-shirt is.
20 weeks.
Actually that is a lie.  I won't be 20 weeks for two more days, and this was taken two days ago.
19 weeks.

5 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

so what is up with boys always loving looooooong hair and loving it down?! and to think this little boy has already figured it out at a mere 3 years old....crazy! been good seeing you lately- let's have a byu get together pronto!

Paula Wood said...

OH, BEKAH!!!

I laughed at these pictures and LONGED TO BE THERE WITH YOU as I read about Russ Russ's questions and "catching" you making "istakes!"

Camping looked SOOO fun!

Hope your cough is doing better!

Love,
Grandma Paula

Jen said...

You have THE cutest family! You look so happy I just love seeing that! By the way...you at 20 weeks looks like me after a slice of pizza for crying out loud! You are so tiny and gorgeous!!

The Sorensens said...

lookin' cute, you and your boys. Ava likes my hair down too. Glad you had such a great time camping!

Claire Thompson said...

aahhh! congrats! I have been hoping to be in the pregnancy club for a while but alas its just not happenin' for us. Maybe you have posted this already, do you know what your having?